The default 'home page' of the theme is implemented in the Main Index Template (
index.php template must exist in all themes and technically is a default template intended for use when more specific ones aren't available. More information on home pages is available.
The Main Index Template was clearly inspired by the Scouts 4 WordPress theme but the code has been completely rewritten. Ignoring the Header and Footer sections, a key visual difference is that the 'Follow Us' section, which was rather untidy and gave undue prominence to Facebook links, has been replaced by the logos of the sections that most Groups will have. It seemed a bit odd not being able to see these logos on the front page. There is also a third row of 'boxes' and three full width 'panes'.
There are eight components to the Main Index page.
- Header (on all pages, not shown in the image above).
- Slider (optional, implemented as Slider-Tabs above).
- Tabs (optional, implemented as Slider-Tabs above).
- Pane 'Pane 1' (optional)
- Logos (optional).
- Pane 'Pane 2' (optional, not shown in the image above).
- Boxes (optional).
- Pane 'Pane 3' (optional, not shown in the image above)
- Footer (on all pages, not shown in the images above).
All the components are pulled in from other files making the
index.php file extremely simple.
Although this documentation site doesn't use the Main Index Page Template as the front page of the site, you can get an idea of what it would like on the Sample Front Page. Just bear in mind the default front page isn't going to look quite the same because of the different options in use on this documentation site.